What to do in the event of a claim.
- In the event of theft or malicious damage, you should report the crime to the police as soon as possible and obtain a crime reference number.
- If you are involved in an accident involving another person or their property that may result in a claim being made against you, do not admit liability or say anything that may prejudice our ability to defend your claim.
- If you are involved in an accident which results in an injury to yourself you should seek and follow the advice of a qualified medical practitioner.
- If you are travelling on holiday and the airline fails to deliver your bike, or it arrives damaged, you must go to the relevant luggage handling counter at the airport and complete and obtain a copy of a Property Irregularity Report together with the handling agent’s contact details.
- For all claims, please contact our claims handlers Roger Rich & Co as soon as possible after the event either by phone on 01608 641351 or by e-mail email@example.com
- You will be sent a claim form which you will be required to complete and return together with any supporting information requested.
Even when no claim has been made against you but you suspect that this may happen you should take the precaution of reporting the claim to us. This is because injured parties have several years to bring any claim against you and the longer you leave reporting the claim the more likely you are to forget details which will help us defend the claim.
You must not throw away any items you wish to claim for, and you must take all reasonable steps to recover missing property and prevent further damage.
Please be aware that the initial claim form and any supporting information should be sent to Roger Rich within 30 days of the insured event. If you delay sending information this may prejudice settlement your claim.